Today, you will learn in detail what a clearing agent is and the list of the tasks that he has to carry out. So, if interested, start reading.
Clearing agents in Dubai can also be referred to as customs brokers. In order to work as an authentic clearing agent, one must have a clearing license that is provided by the related officials.
Clearing agents are usually enrolled with the native port as well as the customs officials, across lands customs ends or other organization of government in the area where they are working.
Like other businesses, a number of countries have made their own rules and regulations for the clearing agents.
What are the tasks a clearing agent has to perform?
There are certain important tasks that a clearing agent has to perform and those tasks are as follows.
- Clearing agents must have knowledge related to the software required for listing the shipment details or any other specifications needed to be entered in the portals.
- One major and significant job done by the clearing agents is to create and then submit the essential custom paperwork with the officials for the purpose of clearance as well as shipments.
- Clearing agents would be needed to make arrangements for the workers for the purpose of loading as well as unloading. The correct workers who are able to use particular tools and equipment for loading and unloading
- The clearance or approval of cargo through the seaport or crossing the border of a country is quite a tough and complex procedure that calls for fine skills of working and organizing. With the exception of the skills, a clearing agent should also have knowledge and proper understanding of local rules and regulations as well as customs procedures.
- All the activities that are relevant to clearance as well as carrying of cargo has to be observed, payments to be done and updating the consignee, etc. As a result, a clearing agent will also have to submit the details and hand written statements to the head straight to the recipient or consignee related to the clearance and carrying of the cargo.
In order to get any details related to Regulatory Compliance Certifications, please don’t hesitate to contact us.