Scoliosis is a severe spinal disorder that affects the normal shape of your spine includes a curve on the top of your shoulder, lower back, and spine. If your spine has an “S” or “C” shaped curve at your spine, you may have scoliosis issues. Scoliosis conditions can be diagnosed at the age of the first 7 years of your kid. There are common causes of scoliosis are as follow:
- Genetic conditions
- Birth issues or defects
- Neurological abnormalities.
Types of scoliosis:
One of the most common types of scoliosis is idiopathic scoliosis, which does not have a particular cause. This type of scoliosis broken into different age groups
- Toddlers: 0 to three years.
- Infantile: Four to ten years.
- Teen-age: Eleven to eighteen years
- Adult: 18+
However, there are some more types of scoliosis.
- Congenital: In this type of scoliosis, spinal defects occur at birth.
- Neurological: This type occurs when your nerve abnormalities damage your spine muscle.
- Structural scoliosis: In this type of scoliosis, your spine curve is occurring due to injury, disease of birth defects, and it remains permanent.
- Nonstructural scoliosis: Nonstructural scoliosis can be fixed with particular treatments, and it is temporary.
Symptoms of scoliosis:
The symptoms of scoliosis depend on its degree. However, here are some common symptoms of scoliosis.
- Your one-shoulder blade becomes higher than the other.
- Uneven hips
- Breathing problems due to chest or lungs expand frequently.
- Lower back pain
- Rotating spine
- Your one-shoulder blade gets stick more than the other shoulder.
Causes of scoliosis:
It is hard to determine the actual cause of scoliosis. However, here we find some reason.
- Cerebral palsy is the biggest cause of scoliosis; it relates to your group of the nervous system that affects your thinking skills, seeing ability, learning and hearing issues, and body movement.
- Muscular dystrophy is another cause of scoliosis, which affect your muscle and make them weak.
- Some infections or injuries.
- Birth defects can affect your spinal bones.
Treatment options for scoliosis:
Scoliosis treatment depends on various factors. However, there are two common treatments for scoliosis.
Most doctors recommend braces to people with scoliosis, which help to maintain the spine curve more than 30 to 40 degrees.
Doctors recommend surgery to those people who have curvature more than 40 degrees.
See over here to find an endocrinologist in UAE.